https://www.stenaline.com/ is referred to as our “Website”.
Our Website and other communication interfaces (e-mail, telephone, support contact, social media, chat and paper forms) are referred to below as our “Services”.
If you wish to obtain information on our processing of personal data as website visitor to our other websites, as a Freight customer, booking or travelling customer you can find the relevant privacy policies on each of the below mentioned websites in local languages:
stenalinefreight.com, stenaline.se, stenaline.dk, stenaline.no, stenaline.fi, stenaline.pl, stenaline.lv, stenaline.lt, stenaline.ee, stenaline.ru, stenaline.pl, stenaline.cz, stenaline.de, stenaline.nl, stenaline.fr, stenaline.co.uk, stenaline.ie, stenaline.it, stenaline. es, stenalinetravel.com, wyjazdygrupowe.pl, szwecjazklasa.pl, dokarlskrony.pl, blog.stenaline.se, blog.stenaline.dk, blog.stenaline.no, blog.stenaline.pl, blog.stenaline.co.uk, blog.stenaline.ie, blog.stenaline.nl, blog.stenaline.de
For information on camera surveillance onboard our ships, in our ports, terminals and offices and the processing of personal data in connection with it, see Stena Line’s CCTV-policy.
3. What categories of your personal data do we process, for what purposes and what is the legal basis for such processing activities?
Stena Line processes your personal data for the purposes set forth below. For each purpose Stena Line must have a legal basis. A legal basis could e.g. be (i) your consent to the relevant processing activity, (ii) that the processing is necessary in order for the performance of a contract to which you are a party, or (iii) that Stena Line or a third party has a legitimate interest to process the personal data which is not overridden by your interest of not having the personal data processed. Under each purpose listed below, the legal basis that Stena Line relies on will be identified.
(a) Improving our Services
When you access our website, i.e. if you do not otherwise submit information, Stena Line will collect general information automatically. This information (server log files) consists of:
- Browser information
- Operating system
- Domain name of your internet service provider
- Site information based on your IP address
This information is used for the following purposes:
- Ensuring a connection to the website without any problems
- Ensuring a smooth use of our website
- Evaluation of system security and stability as well as
- Optimizing our website
We do not use your data to draw conclusions about your person. Information of this kind may be provided by us anonymously statistically evaluated in order to optimize our website and the technology behind it.
The processing takes place in accordance with Art. 6 (1) lit. f GDPR on the basis of our legitimate interest in improving the stability and functionality of our website.
(b) Providing our Services
Stena Line uses name and contact details to communicate with you when you use our Services and contact us. This processing of your personal data is based on our legitimate interests.
4. From where do we obtain your personal data?
Stena Line collects your personal data directly from you when you visit our Website, use our services or contact us.
5. With whom do we share your personal data?
In order to fulfil the purposes listed above, Stena Line may share your personal data with the following recipients.
(a) Stena AB (publ)
(b) Stena Rederi AB
(c) Other companies within the Stena Line Group
(d) Pagero, our partner to offer e-invoicing to our suppliers
(e) ReachMee, our partner to administrate applications for vacancies
(f) service providers whose services Stena Line uses to run its business, e.g. companies providing IT, hosting, accounting, postal and courier services, banks, insurers, law firms, etc
6. The following applies to our cooperation with Facebook and the use of their services such as advertising, ‘lookalike audiences’ and ‘custom audiences’:
Stena Line uses Facebook’s services to find new customers. This is done by using data collected from your use of our site to find similar prospective customers through Facebook. This data is anonymised and cannot be traced back to you.
Stena Line also uses Facebook for advertising purposes.
Facebook Ireland is the joint data controller with Stena Line for the joint processing of data in the context of Facebook’s services, including ‘lookalike audiences’ and ‘custom audiences’. Please see the information required under Article 13(1)(a) and (b) of the GDPR in the Facebook Ireland data policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
For information on how Facebook Ireland processes personal data, including the legal basis on which Facebook Ireland relies and the means by which the data subject may exercise rights against Facebook Ireland, please refer to the Facebook Ireland data policy at https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy.
Stena Line’s processing is carried out on the basis of Art. 6(1)(a) of the GDPR, where Stena Line uses the ‘lookalike audiences’ as well as the ‘custom audiences’ services with the consent of the website visitor. You may object to this at any time.
You may also object at any time to the processing of personal data by Stena Line and/or Facebook Ireland insofar as the joint processing is based on Art. 6(1)(f) of the GDPR. Stena Line and Facebook Ireland have:
- concluded a personal data control supplement in order to set out the respective parties’ responsibilities to comply with the requirements of the GDPR in respect of the joint processing (as set out in the applicable product terms and conditions),
- agreed that Stena Line is responsible for providing data subjects with at least the information set out in this section 9,
- agreed that Facebook Ireland, between the parties, is responsible for enabling the rights of data subjects under Articles 15-20 of the GDPR in respect of the personal data stored by Facebook Ireland following the joint processing.
7. Do we transfer your personal data outside the EU/EEA area?
Stena Line may transfer some of your personal data to the countries listed below which are outside the EU/EEA area. Where the European Commission has not determined that any of the countries below ensure an adequate level of protection for personal data, we will provide a description of the safeguards we take or the legal basis we rely on to ensure that the transfer of your personal data is in accordance with EU data protection laws.
Safeguard: adequacy decision (28 June 2021)
Safeguard: The European Commission’s Standard Contractual Clauses for the Transfer of Personal Data (2010/87/EU) and (2021/915/EU)
8. For how long do we store your personal data?
9. What rights do you have?
Below is a summary of the rights you have under European data protection legislation. The exercise of these rights is free of charge and you may exercise the rights by sending an email or mail to the contacts listed at the end of this document. You can also use the contact form provided on the web site.
Note that Stena Line will always assess a request to exercise a right to determine whether the request is valid. All rights listed below are not absolute and exceptions may apply.
In addition to the rights set forth below, you always have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority regarding Stena Line’s processing of your personal data.
(a) Right of access. You are upon request entitled to receive a copy of your personal data that Stena Line processes and also to obtain supplementary information about Stena Line’s processing of your personal data.
(b) Right to rectification. You have the right to have your personal data corrected and/or completed if it is inaccurate and/or incomplete.
(c) Right to erasure. You have the right to request that Stena Line erases your personal data without undue delay in the following circumstances:
- the personal data is no longer necessary in relation to the purposes for which they were collected or otherwise processed;
- you withdraw your consent to a processing activity and there is no other legal basis for the processing;
- you make a valid objection to the processing of your personal data;
- the personal data has been unlawfully processed; or
- the personal data has to be erased for compliance with a legal obligation.
(d) Right to restrict processing. You have the right to request restriction of the processing of your personal data in the following circumstances:
- the accuracy of the personal data is under examination;
- the processing is unlawful or is no longer needed for the purposes of the processing, but you oppose the erasure of personal data and request restriction instead;
- Stena Line no longer needs the personal data, but you need the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; or
- you have objected to the processing of your personal data and such objection is under verification.
(e) Right to data portability. Under certain circumstances you have the right to receive the personal data concerning you which you have provided to Stena Line in order to transmit these to another service provider if the processing of the personal data is based on your consent or the performance of a contract.
(f) General right to object. You have the general right to, at any time, object to the processing of your personal data that is based on Stena Line’s legitimate interests. If you object we have to demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds for such processing or that we need the personal data for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
(g) Right to object to direct marketing. You have a right to, at any time, object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes. If you do this, Stena Line may no longer process your personal data for such purposes.
10. How can you contact us?
You may come in contact with us by using the contact information and possibilities on the website or through the following communication channels:
Address: Stena Line Scandinavia AB, Danmarksterminalen, 405 19 Gothenburg, Sweden
Telephone: +46 (0)31 – 85 80 00
Please note that we have appointed a Data Protection Officer that you may contact if you have any questions about the processing of your personal data. Our Data Protection Officer may be contacted by post to above mentioned address or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This information was updated 26 January 2022 and the latest version will always be available on this site. The content of the information may be adjusted as laws and regulations change.