Manager External Funding & Projects
Can you help us set sails towards a sustainable future?!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
Our sustainability team consists of three persons, and we´re now looking for a Manager External Funding & Projects to join us. As we are a small team, we work very close together but also in collaboration with other in-house departments and stakeholders.
What will you do?
As Manager External Funding & Projects your role is to support Stena Line in meeting its sustainability targets through proactively defining projects and secure successful public funding for such projects and other investments that strengthen Stena Line competitiveness. The role will keep a firm grip over regulatory development and opportunities that arise from changes in public policy.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Strategic Intelligence on funding trends and upcoming opportunities with a focus primarily on EU and UK. Regular updates to key stakeholders on regulatory development, upcoming opportunities and alternative financing such as Green bonds.
- Ensure that funding opportunities are integrated in the financing strategy for major CAPEX investments. Guide the financial department in cost reporting to funding authorities.
- In collaboration with key internal stakeholders, define, describe and prioritize projects that can be relevant with the right source of funding. Develop a business case that support Stena Line sustainability targets.
- Produce and maintain a long term mapping of prioritized projects in relevant areas such as ship and port operation, training, transformation and HR. Define tentative project financials, organisations, responsibilities and preferred partners.
- Matchmaking and sign-off with internal stakeholders when funding calls are available. Ensure information is gathered and applications sent timely in collaboration with internal stakeholders and external consultants as needed.
- Manage projects with internal and external stakeholders if and when suitable to ensure they deliver as per project plan. Regular projects updates on progress and finance to stakeholders and funding institutions.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. First of all we are looking for someone who is passionate about sustainability. As a person you are detail-oriented, independent and take full responsibility for your own work. You are also a social and communicative team player, who knows how to collaborate with everyone within and outside the organization. You have a strong business acumen combined with high integrity and with your strategic mindset and solid competence, we believe you can help our team to set sails towards a sustainable future?!
- Relevant University degree in Social science, Economy or Technology
- A firm understanding of EU institutions and operation
- Relevant experience from public affairs or private sector such as financial markets, industry associations, NGO’s or transportation
- Strong project management skills
- Fluent in English, written and spoken (Swedish is a strong plus)
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg, Sweden within our Sustainability team. Locations of UK, Germany and The Netherlands will be considered. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 31st of October, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Erik Lewenhaupt, Head of Sustainability at email@example.com or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Frida Berntsson, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: October, 14, 2021
Category: Information and Communication
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: October, 31, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.