UX/UI Designer - Digital Experience & Omnichannel
Do you think life is too short to be making useless decisions? Become our new UX/UI Designer!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. Our goal is to deliver seamless customer experiences in more relevant, accessible and sustainable ways. At Stena Line's Digital Transformation department, we are driving change by aligning people, processes and technologies across our company. If you want to be part of building something and truly make a mark that matters, this is excellent opportunity!
This role is located in Gothenburg. Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible and attractive employer and have now introduced a flexible workplace for our office employees. In a hybrid solution between the office and working remote, each team decides together with their manager how they best
What will you do?
As UX/UI Designer you will be a subject matter expert and customer advocate in developing the future Stena Line user experience across our new website and other digital touchpoints, creating a consistent and seamless customer experience. You will be involved in scoping, planning and leading UX activities from start to finish and advocate for best research practices and a user-centered design process. This also involves being a link between business stakeholders, graphical designers and technical teams (incl. UI designers/developers) to influence decisions from a user experience perspective.
Other key responsibilities:
- Developing and visualizing the user experience by creating mock-ups, wireframes, interactive prototypes, etc.
- Integrate user research and usability testing into current design and product development process and lead all phases of user research (recruiting, scheduling and test scripts or survey development)
- Design functions supporting our customer acquisition-, conversion-, upsell- and retention strategies
- Work with and help develop Stena Line’s UI library and Design System using Adobe XD
- Contribute to high paced agile development and short go to market time - from idea/insight, to prototype/test and customer feedback very quickly to constantly learn and gain new insights and deliver value.
- Set up and run qualitative user tests to continuously improve new and existing features and solutions to create enhanced customer experience
- Deliver according to the Stena Line brand strategy, communication platform, including look and feel, personality, tone of voice and brand positioning
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We are looking for someone that sees opportunities rather than obstacles. You approach given tasks with an analytical mindset with the ability to identify and understand patterns and translate them. We also hope you have a solid grasp and understanding of interaction design and information architecture.
- Experience throughout all phases of the UX chain; design strategy, concepting, planning, user research, UI design.
- Solid technical understanding of digital/web/mobile platforms
- Experience of designer-to-developer handoff techniques
- High ability to collaborate, influence & inspire work teams to achieve set goals & targets
- Understanding how to meet business objectives and user needs and then transfer findings into a great user experience
- Proficiency and good understanding in working with Design Systems built in Adobe XD or similar tools such as Figma, Sketch, InVision etc.
- Experience from development is a plus
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Digital Experience & Omnichannel team. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 31st of October 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Louise Oltander, Tech Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: October, 12, 2021
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: October, 31, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.