Stena Line - ESO - Stena Superfast 8
ESO - Stena Superfast 8
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!.
What will you do?
Your tasks as an ESO are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As an ESO, you are responsible for:
- Providing operational support to ship management teams and assist onboard management in operating the vessels safely, efficiently and cost effectively within the Electro/Technical discipline.
- The maintenance and safe operation of the equipment in your charge.
- Managing all identified risks to ship, personnel and environment, and establishing appropriate safeguards.
- Acting in accordance with your duties in the vessel’s safety organisation.
- Preparing, developing and operating a Planned Maintenance system for Electro/Technical equipment.
- Providing an emergency call out for equipment designated as:
- Ship’s safety equipment
- Ship’s essential operating equipment
- Assisting ship management in projects related to Electro/Technical disciplines.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current legislation pertinent to the equipment in your charge and the latest developments in new technology in this respect.
- Making yourself available at the vessel’s annual refit and any emergency dockings that may occur to assist with the Electro/Technical jobs and to assist the Safety Officer with providing a safe and efficient Lock Out system.
- The safe and efficient organisation and running of the team, subject to the Chief Engineer’s instructions and company requirements.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- ETO COC
- High Voltage – Management level
Please submit your CV and application
This is a full-time, permanent position based on Superfast 8 within our Engine department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 6th October, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact email@example.com
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltic Sea. We employ over 5,000 people, the majority working within customer service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and each other.
We want to ensure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for. To us, it is paramount that we maintain that discrimination is never acceptable, and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!
Published: October, 12, 2021
Category: Ship, Crew and Management
Location: United Kingdom,
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: October, 26, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.