Are you our new Fleet Mate Master?
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!
What will you do?
As a Fleet Mate Master you will be directly responsible for the safe and efficient running of the vessel predominantly during night hours. You will be required to deputise for the Master (days) as required by the rosters and you will be directly accountable to the Fleet Superintendent and the Senior Master in the execution of your duties.
You will possess an STCW II/2 Master Unlimited CoC – Previous ship handling experience is essential and previous command experience is also desirable.
The Fleet role will require you to work throughout our Irish Sea Fleet. Travel expenses are paid.
Your tasks as a Fleet Mate Master are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. In this role you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as agreed by the Senior Master.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and navigational procedures
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to Ship Management and the Senior Master, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our new Fleet Mate Master we would like you to be reliable and treat everyone with equality and respect. You will know where the company is heading and you should not be afraid to make decisions, and challenge and motivate your co-workers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Ship Security Officer
- Master's Unlimited COC
This is a full-time, permanent position based throughout the Irish sea and is based in the deck department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or the recruitment process you are welcome to contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: October, 27, 2022
Category: Ship Crew
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland, Belfast
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: December, 11, 2022
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.