Purchasing Category Manager - CAPEX
Are you the self-motivated person with a “yes we can" mentality we´ve been looking for?!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
Our Procurement team consists of seven colleagues and a manager, handling all procurement for the Stena Line Group. We work together to create value for the company in close collaboration with key stakeholders in the different regions. Now we’re looking for a new colleague to join the team.
What will you do?
As Category Manager your mission will be to manage assigned categories to create highest value, quality and reliability by working closely with key stakeholders and lead cross functional sourcing activities to meet Stena Line requirements. You will also manage the procurement activities resulting from Port & Terminals- and Fleet operation investments needs in Stena Line. You will work closely with the team and share your knowledge and experience to your colleagues in order to maximize team performance. We are a small team who works close together and share the work load, so
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Analyze current conditions and spend data in categories to identify activities for improvement of TCO e.g. supplier consolidation, optimization of specifications and assortment, low cost country sourcing etc.
- Develop and maintain strong category strategies incl. category target setting - based on a deep understanding of Stena Line needs and insights into the supply market characteristics
- Identify, propose, develop and lead category cost reduction projects to meet business requirements
- Lead cross functional sourcing activities
- Negotiate and settle contracts / frame agreements
- Secure long term development of the supply base
- Implement and follow up of the category actions and results
- Monitor and advise on market conditions, which represent risk or opportunity to Stena Line with regard to commercial, legal, quality and environmental conditions.
- Perform supplier evaluations/audits
- Manage commercial relationships with suppliers (incl. contract terms & conditions, annual negotiations, follow up of performance)
- Take initiative for/ participate in common sourcing activities with the other Stena companies
- Support the organization when there is a need for a purchase; compare offers, negotiate, evaluate and approve suppliers, together with stakeholder evaluate the product/service
- In close co-operation with stakeholders identify and understand CAPEX and industrial requirements, identify spend, develop a sourcing plan and a sourcing strategy reflecting the investment/CAPEX needs in Stena Line
- Be an expert with regard to investment/CAPEX purchasing
- Be responsible for sourcing of major Capital Purchases, including supplier negotiations, supplier selection and contract negotiations in order to minimize the total cost of ownership
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. First of all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about Procurement, has a lot of drive, enthusiasm and a “yes we can” mentality. You are flexible, enjoy a fast pace environment and are not afraid of new conditions and challenges. You are positive, approachable and a team-player who wants to develop with your colleagues. You are self-motivated and have a strong business acumen combined with high integrity. With your solid experience and competence in the area, we believe you can contribute and help the Procurement department on our exciting journey ahead.
- A technical of financial university degree or equivalent
- At least five years of experience in leading strategic sourcing activities/projects
- A demonstrated ability to analyze category spend data, lead the identification and selection of strategic sourcing partners, structuring of contracts and supplier relationships
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Several years of purchasing experience in the area of CAPEX / Investments
- Excellent communication skills in English and Swedish, both written and oral
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Group Procurement department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 26th of September, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Joakim Rönnäng, Head of Group Procurement at email@example.com or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Frida Berntsson, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: September, 09, 2021
Category: Sales, Purchase, Marketing
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: September, 26, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.