Are you a true PR Communicator with a can-do attitude we´ve been looking for? Come join our Brand & Communications department!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible and attractive employer and have now introduced a flexible workplace for our office employees. We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remote will create the best environment for us to be creative, productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
What will you do?
As a PR & Communications Manager your role is to lead Stena Line’s media and public relations in Scandinavia, Germany and the Baltics. Your main task will be to ensure effective external communication efforts, both proactively and reactively, in line with Stena Line’s communication strategy, business strategy and brand. You play an important role, making sure the corporate Stena Line brand is protected and strengthened.
As part of the Brand & Communications department you actively contribute to Stena Line´s transformation towards becoming a sustainable, digital and customer-oriented company as well as to build pride internally.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Act as Stena Line´s Group media spokesperson as well as regional media spokesperson in four business regions in Scandinavia, Germany and Baltics
- Plan, lead and follow up PR and media relations activities to create external publicity together with regional managers and agencies
- Support four business regions in public affairs related projects
- Proactively monitor and identify stories inside and outside the company that can have a positive or negative impact on Stena Line
- Lead the Group PR and media relations in crisis/incident situations
- Advice and train senior management in meeting the media
- Maintain and develop external network of key stakeholders, such as press, politicians, shipping industry representatives etc.
- Together with the rest of Brand & Communications department continue to strengthen crisis communication routines and emergency procedures
- Plan and produce content for internal communication and social media
- Drive and take part of projects within People & Communications
- Support other roles within People & Communications as needed
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We are looking for someone with a truly positive mind-set and a can-do attitude. We believe you are good at developing relations and picking up the phone doesn’t scare you. We also believe you have strong communication and collaboration skills. Presenting complex matters in a simple and understandable way to convince your audience is definitely in your comfort zone. With your solid experience and competence within the area, we believe you can contribute and help the Brand & Communications department on our exiting journey ahead.
- Academic degree or equivalent within communication/journalistic experience
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience from PR & Media work at agency, in-house or equivalent
- Experience from crisis communication
- Fluent in Swedish and English, verbally and written (any other Nordic languages, Latvian, Polish or German can be an advantage)
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Brand & Communications department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 31st of October, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Jenny Johansson, Head of Brand & Communications at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: October, 12, 2021
Category: Organisation and Management
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: October, 31, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.