HR Assistant Hoek van Holland
Are you a true people person that loves to support the employees and the organisation together with your HR colleagues? We’re looking for an experienced HR Assistant to join our Dutch HR team to support and advice our employees!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we work together to transform our business to achieve our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. Great team work and a friendly atmosphere is in our DNA. We are true problem-solvers and are always up for a new challenge. The journey starts with us!
Stena Line’s HR team has a crucial part in this journey. The HR team leads all HR matters regarding our employees, partnering with 6 of our vessels as well as our shore operations in 2 ports, not to mention our other teams that make the magic happen.
What will you do?
Well, most of our colleagues work at sea and we are looking for a HR Assistant to work with our business at sea and also support our ports operations on all HR matters. Your main mission is to handle the daily administration and HR duties, scheduling appointments, maintaining records but also be the first point of contact for employees and managers and be a facilitator in recruitment processes. With the strategic HR business plan in mind, you will support and advice on all people aspects such as contracts, absenteeism, recruitment, personal development and trainings.
- Perform administrative work, including drafting employment contracts, scheduling, maintaining files and handling mail for the Human Resources department;
- Enter employment data into computer database;
- Provide day to day support and advice to managers, employees and HR colleagues in operational HR matters;
- Assist People Business Partner with the hiring process, including submitting job postings online, scheduling candidate interviews and taking interviews;
- Coordinate logistics for new hire orientations and employee training sessions;
- Design and facilitate training sessions for managers and employees, in line with our cultural journey;
- Be the first point of contact for employees and managers regarding sickness absence related topics.
- Arrange the crew planning for our Filipino crewmembers
- Support of crew planning activities concerning the seafarer’s
As the go to person for our managers in your business units, you have the opportunity to make change happen. Are you up for the challenge?
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as your excellent performance in the role. We are looking for someone with a can-do mind-set, and has a drive and energy for improvements and change. You are able to deal with the typical issues when it comes to working with employees and are not afraid of challenging managers or employees to think outside the box.
The must haves
- Has finished an education (HBO or HBO level) in HR;
- At least 3 to 5 year experience working as a HR Advisor / HR Assistant or similar HR role;
- Has experience of working in a multi-site business;
- Has excellent/native level Dutch and good English language skills;
- Has the ability to deal with deadlines, targets and multiple priorities;
- Is familiar with working daily on HR systems, such as ADP, Crew SF or similar programs and experienced user of MS Office;
- Highly organised and strong problem-solving skills;
- Availability for 4 or 5 days a week (80-100%).
This position is based in Hoek van Holland with a salary range of € 2.500 - € 3.200;
To apply, please send your profile and motivation letter as soon as possible but no later than Friday June 18th 2021. Interviews will start in the week commencing June 21th 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact the People Business Partner – Hilbert.peuk@Stenaline.com
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across North Sea, Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: June, 07, 2021
Location: Netherlands, Hoek van Holland
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: June, 18, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.