Would you like to be a part of transforming Europe’s leading ferry company?
Are you an electrical engineer looking for a workplace that is fast-paced and dynamic, where no day is like the other? Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative, forward-thinking company. We are transforming the way we work to meet both the business’ needs as well as our customers’ expectations. We want to become an even more customer-focused, digital and sustainable company that is attractive to both customers, employees and partners. Stena Line’s People & Communications Department plays a crucial role in this journey!
What will you do?
Your tasks as an ESO are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As an ESO, you are responsible for:
- Providing operational support to ship management teams and assist onboard management in operating the vessels safely, efficiently and cost effectively within the Electro/Technical discipline.
- The maintenance and safe operation of the equipment in your charge.
- Managing all identified risks to ship, personnel and environment, and establishing appropriate safeguards.
- Acting in accordance with your duties in the vessel’s safety organisation.
- Preparing, developing and operating a Planned Maintenance system for Electro/Technical equipment.
- Providing an emergency call out for equipment designated as:
- Ship’s safety equipment
- Ship’s essential operating equipment
- Assisting ship management in projects related to Electro/Technical disciplines.
- Maintaining an up to date knowledge of current legislation pertinent to the equipment in your charge and the latest developments in new technology in this respect.
- Making yourself available at the vessel’s annual refit and any emergency dockings that may occur to assist with the Electro/Technical jobs and to assist the Safety Officer with providing a safe and efficient Lock Out system.
- The safe and efficient organisation and running of the team, subject to the Chief Engineer’s instructions and company requirements.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Prof. in Basic Gas Tanker and Cargo Ops
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- STCW Seafarers Prof. in Adv Gas Tanker Cargo Ops
- ETO COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
Please submit your CV and covering letter to the team at firstname.lastname@example.org . Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltic Sea. We employ over 5,000 people, the majority working within customer service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and each other.
We want to ensure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for. To us, it is paramount that we maintain that discrimination is never acceptable, and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!
Published: April, 06, 2021
Category: Ship, Crew and Management
Location: United Kingdom,
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: April, 20, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.