Are you the Safety-first person that we´ve been looking for?!
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
Stena Line’s Ship Management Safety department has a crucial part in this journey and we´re now looking for a Quality Controller to join the team.
What will you do?
Safety comes first to us! As Quality Controller your main focus will be safety at all times! Your responsibility is to assist and support the Safety & Security Manager in promoting, maintaining and developing a high level of safety and quality within the operation of Company vessels and in our ports and terminals. You will also work with our employees to manage, monitor and improve the health, safety and environmental standards in the workplace onshore and onboard.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- To assist, Safety & Security Manager with verifying the quality of Company SMS, EMPROC and RA system, and recommend and suggest changes within the same
- Support Safety & Security Superintendents and Safety Controller. Make sure that Ship Management respond to non-compliances issued in respect of the Company Quality System, the Company´s ISO accreditation and Safety Management System (SMS) within the required time period
- To assist Safety & Security Manager, and in corporation with Safety & Security Superintendents, plan and perform Emergency (EMPROC) exercise in all trade areas according to matrix
- Follow up the validly and quality performance, regarding, crew certificates, ship certificates, company certificates, ship flag changes & chartering of ships
- Support Safety & Security Superintendents reviewing and analysing accident and incident reports
- Acting on board and onshore, with education and training employees, using Docmap, IRIS
- Support Safety Controller produce Safety Bulletins
- Ensure safety training records are monitored onboard ships and at Ports and Terminals, further highlight areas where training/certification is required to meet the standards imposed by the Company, Legislation, Approved Codes of Practice, or H.S.E. guidance
- To assist, Safety & Security Manager with verifying the quality off Company Port SMS and RA system within Port organisation in Scandinavia and Baltic area. Also recommend and suggest changes within the same in cooperation with HSSE Managers North Sea and Irish Sea area
- Support & Advice Port Operational Managers in Safety issues in Region Scandinavia & Baltic
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. First of all, we are looking for someone who is passionate about safety and security. You need to be able to take initiative, have a lot of drive and work independently to reach your targets. As a person you are positive and a communicative team-player who knows how to collaborate with everyone within the organization. You are also loyal and have a strong business acumen combined with high integrity. With your experience and competence in the area, we believe you can contribute and help the Ship Management Safety department on our journey ahead. A good sense of humor is definitely a plus too!
- University degree as Master Mariner, Marine Engineer or equivalent
- A few years of work experience within the shipping industry
- Knowledge from the shipping industry (ISM Code, IMO etc.)
- Previous experience working with quality control
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
- Computer skills (MS Office)
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Ship Management department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 7th of March, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Jörgen Lorén, Safety & Security Manager at email@example.com or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Frida Berntsson, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: February, 22, 2021
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: March, 07, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.