Connecting Europe for a Sustainable Future
At Stena Line, we believe that everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. In order to make this possible we are now looking for an experienced Accounting Manager.
As Accounting Manager you will have great opportunities to grow and learn with responsibility from day one in an international environment. You will lead a team of five and at the same time be actively involved in everything related to accounting within Stena Line. You will also work with improving processes and manage projects in different parts of our business. Within Finance we believe in common goals and that we all do our best to succeed.
What will you do?
The team you are managing is responsible for planning, implementation and analyze financial statements from our routes and legal entities. We work according to local accounting standards and IFRS.
- Accounting, bookkeeping and reconciliation for all entities in the Stena Line Group
- Overall responsibility for handling VAT and excise taxes
- External reporting such as tax returns and annual reports
- Reporting to the parent company Stena AB
- Ensure that Stena Line follows all applicable standards and adapt to regulatory changes within the Accounting area, in close collaboration with the Group Accounting Manager
- Stay alert and follow development within Accounting Standards
- Personnel responsibility and competence development of your employees
- Provide support and training to other departments within Finance and the rest of the organization
Who are you?
We’re looking for someone with high ambitions and a hands-on approach. You are highly analytical and structured, if you combine that with high integrity and professionalism we think that gives you credibility to build strong, long-lasting relationships. You have held senior positions before and you feel confident combining both managing people and day to day work in accounting.
- A Master’s degree in economics, preferably with a focus on accounting
- More than a few years of qualified experience from a large finance department within an international company or an auditing firm
- Experience of making complete monthly reports in an environment where there are short deadlines
- Excellent knowledge in Microsoft Excel is a necessity
- English and Swedish language skills
- Ability to quickly learn and adapt to new systems and software
This is a fulltime, permanent position based at our head office in Gothenburg. Some travelling will be expected. You will report to our Financial Control Manager. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application as soon as possible but no later than Sunday January 17th, 2021.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Monica Söderbergh, Financial Control Manager at email@example.com, or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Adam Wallhult, HR Specialist, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: January, 11, 2021
Category: Economics and Finance
Location: Sweden, Goteborg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: January, 17, 2021
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.