Restaurant & Bars Development Manager
Are you an energetic person that likes working close to people and have a real interest in food & beverage?!
Connecting Europe for a Sustainable Future
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. We are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. Our success depends on how we collaborate, help each other and put the team and our business purpose above ourselves. The Group Onboard Sales & Services team has an important part in this journey, creating a top-class customer experience across the company.
In order to build strong One Company concepts across the company, we are now looking to strengthening the team with a Restaurant & Bars Development Manager. This role reports to our Group Food & Beverage Manager and will work across our entire network of 18 routes and 36 vessels.
What will you do?
As Restaurant & Bars Development Manager you will have the overall responsibility for standardisation, development and continuous improvement of our Food & Beverage outlets. You will also be responsible for the achievement of standards, quality and profitability. It will be your mission to develop and manage concepts and products for all restaurants and bars onboard our vessels. You will work closely together with the regions to ensure a One Company approach to products & concepts onboard our vessels. In this role, you will also drive and optimise the sales and gross profit within the Food & Beverage area. This role requires a fair amount of travelling onboard our vessels, so it’s perfect for you who likes a bit of adventure!
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Optimize Onboard Sales and Services (OSS) profitability in line with budget expectations through provision of attractive product ranges, product cost and revenue management as well as dynamic promotional activity, marketing and POS
- Set standards and agree with the routes, provide documentation to support agreed standards
- Work with regions and Standards and Services Manager to ensure standardisation of products & concepts are maintained
- Quality control and ongoing quality development
- Responsible for ensuring route execution of concept and product development for all restaurant, café and bar locations, ensuring optimum alignment and standardization
- Use customer insights, root cause analytics and best practices to identify improvements, realize and develop plans and ensure implementation
- Support systems and digitalization development for F&B liaising with system owner and Transformation Lead
- Suggest, plan and execute promotional activities onboard in cooperation with onboard crew
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We’re looking for someone with a hands-on approach, that likes working close to people and have a lot of energy. You should be driven and self-motivated, always giving that little extra to deliver. You have the ability to introduce change and making it stick. Your high integrity and professionalism gives you credibility and you build strong, long-lasting relationships. With your excellent communication skills you are able to coach and give our business the guidance it needs to succeed. You are motivated by developing others and you embrace challenges. You also have a strong business acumen and are motivated by creating strong results.
- Solid experience working with central standards implementing them across a business
- Strong experience working within a multiple unit operation with outlets such as buffé, a la carté, bars and even cafés, preferably from the hospitality industry
- Solid Front of House experience
- Experience in Quality Assurance, managing central standards on local level
- Willing to travel on a regular basis
- Great computer skills
- Experience in holding presentations and training of employees
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
This is a full-time, permanent position based in either Malmö, Gothenburg or Belfast within our Group Onboard Sales & Services department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 3rd of December, 2020. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Rikard Persson, Group Food & Beverage Manager, at email@example.com about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Stina Sörensen, Talent Acquisition Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: November, 19, 2020
Category: Organisation and Management
Location: Sweden, Malmo
Last day of application: December, 03, 2020
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.