Group Sales & Distribution Manager
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company
The global travel consumer market has emerged into a fully e-commerce business. To fully embrace these market changes, Stena Line is on a journey of digital transformation by changing our ways of doing business. We are investing in new technologies and are moving to a common and functional way of working across all markets. We are now looking to fill a few key positions to make this happen. Join us on this exciting journey into the future!
What will you do?
A part of our sales still comes through third party providers. As Group Sales & Distribution Manager it will be your responsibility together with your team to maintain a relationship with these providers. To optimize these activities you will get to develop and oversee the execution of our sales and distribution strategy, including growth sales strategies, tactics and action plans. You will also get the opportunity to develop how we work digitally with this area, when it comes to digitally supported distribution channels and move from the more traditional way of doing things into the digital future with online service portals and other tools.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Participate in putting together a yearly budget and forecasts and to deliver budgeted passenger volumes and travel revenues
- Create and implement strategic sales plans that align with Group and Regional business objectives which achieve sales targets and expand our customer base
- Analysing and assessing existing travel distribution strategies to make clear recommendations on existing and future required distribution agreements and strategies to optimise net revenue
- To forge positive long-lasting relationships with key clients
- Negotiating agreements for contracts with customers to ensure a commercial outcome for Stena Line. Scope includes but is not limited to: offline as well as online agents, price comparison sites, discount voucher players and Coach & Group parties
- Effectively communicate the Stena Line value proposition (at Group and Regional levels as required) through proposals and presentations
- To serve as the Stena Line business representative at major industry events, conferences, trade shows and exhibitions
- To identify and assess valuable and viable emerging markets and customer segments to target
- Provide input on product development based on customer, competition and other market insights to stay relevant and up to date
- Assess and drive a common direction and management of call centers, regional coach & group sales initiatives as well as affiliates
- Take on the role of Business Lead in the transformative business development trinity: Business lead, Transformation Lead and Technology Lead
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. Are you a strong, approachable leader with an ability to motivate and inspire? We are looking for someone who has excellent analytical skills and an creative mind-set, not afraid to push boundaries. You should have a great sense of responsibility and ownership, be flexible and know how to prioritise and re-prioritise under pressure. We think it’s crucial that you have outstanding communication skills, both written and spoken, and that you can be persuasive and present to senior management. Your first-class organizational skills will be key leading both yourself as well as your team to success. Doing business and creating great results comes natural to you, and you support your team along the way.
- A degree level education or comparable working experience
- Previous experience successfully managing sales teams
- Proven track record of achieving targets and driving sales growth in a business
- Strong leadership skills and an ability to inspire sales teams
- Proven ability to drive the sales process from plan to close
- Demonstrable experience in sales, developing client-focused, differentiated and achievable solutions
- Excellent listening, negotiation and presentation skills
- First-class organisation skills (self and driving others)
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Amsterdam within our Group Travel department and you will be employed by the legal Stena Line Company in Holland. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 29th of November, 2020. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Tony Michaelsen, Group Head of Travel, at firstname.lastname@example.org or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Stina Sörensen, Talent Acquisition Manager, email@example.com
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us.
Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: November, 17, 2020
Category: Sales, Purchase, Marketing
Location: Netherlands, Amsterdam
Last day of application: November, 29, 2020
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.