Are you our new Chief Officer?
What will you do?
As a Chief Offier you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to him for the execution of your duties.
Your tasks as a Chief Officer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. In this role you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as agreed by the Master.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and navigational procedures
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Senior Master, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our new Mate/Master we would like you to be reliable and treat everyone with equality and respect. You will know where the company is heading and you should not be afraid to make decisions, and challenge and motivate your co-workers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Masters Unlimited COC
- UK Frontier Worker Permit
This is a permanent position working on our Belfast- Birkenhead route. Travel to and from the ship is arrange by our crewing team and paid for by Stena Line. The roation for this role is 4 weeks onboard and 4 weeks at home.
To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Alison Mackay, Talent Acquisition Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. We believe it is up to us where we want to go next and how far we want to go. The journey starts with us. Working at Stena Line means having a safe and stable workplace and a great work-life balance. We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants