3rd Engineer - Holyhead/Dublin
Are you our new 3rd Engineer?
Become a part of transforming Europe’s leading Ferry Company Stena Line is in an exciting period of change, when it comes to digitalisation and truly being an innovative forward-thinking company. Step by step, we are transforming the shipping industry moving towards achieving our vision - Connecting Europe for a sustainable future. At Stena Line, we are like family and friends to each other. We work hard together to solve problems and make a difference because we know that challenges make us grow. The journey starts with us!
What will you do?
As a third Engineer you are responsible to the Master in all respects and are directly accountable to the Chief Engineer Officer for the execution of your duties. For everyday work you will be under the direction of the Third Engineer.
Your tasks as an engineer are diverse and as such you will have the opportunity to use and develop your problem-solving skills in a wide range of scenarios. As a Third Engineer you are responsible for:
- Your designated areas of responsibility as allocated by the Chief Engineer/Second Engineer.
- Acting in accordance with your responsibilities in the vessel’s emergency organisation.
- Carrying out maintenance on board as directed by the Third Engineer in accordance with vessel’s Planned Maintenance Program.
- Being familiar with the ships operating and technical procedures.
- Managing all identified risk to ship, personnel and environment and establish appropriate safeguards.
- Reporting to the Third Engineer, any incident or accident relating to any injury or potential hazard aboard along with any deficiencies in machinery or equipment particularly safety equipment.
- Be familiar with the relevant parts, procedures and requirements of the SMS contained within the DOCMAP system.
- Take an active interest in the duties above your rank to ensure confidence in stepping up and an ability to be hands on.
Who are you?
At Stena Line your personality matters just as much as how good you are at what you do. In our employees we like to see use of initiative, creativity and enthusiasm within all aspects of their position, such as actively looking for information and guidance from Senior Engineers. We seek innovative, responsible and energetic individuals who have the drive to continually develop and grow within their role, and who have a passion for what they do. You must be fluent in English and have 12 months prior experience.
- STCW Elementary First Aid
- STCW Fire Prevention and Fire Fighting
- STCW Personal Safety and Social Responsibilities
- STCW Personal Survival Techniques
- STCW Proficiency in Survival Craft and Rescue Boats
- STCW Seafarers with Designated Security Duties
- Second Engineers Unlimited COC
- Crowd Management Training
- Passenger Safety Training
- High Voltage – Management Level
This is a full-time, permanent position within our engine department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 31th March 2023. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Alison MacKay, Talent Acquisition Partner, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
Stena Line is one of the world’s largest ferry companies and has Europe’s most comprehensive route network. Our business focus is on the transportation of both passengers and freight. We operate in Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltic sea. We employ over 5,000 people, the majority working within customer service and sales. At Stena Line we believe everything starts with care. For us it means that we care about our customers, our business, the environment and we care about each other.
We want to make sure that our company is a fair and inclusive place to work for everyone. For us it is never acceptable to discriminate, and we are firmly committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of age, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ethnicity or disability. Join us on our journey!
Published: March, 17, 2023
Category: Ship Crew
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland, Holyhead
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: March, 31, 2023
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.
Our sustainability strategy
Our commitment to sustainability is centred around five focus areas linked to the UN Global Goals which are directly related to our business.
The Crew Code
Here at Stena Line, we are all part of the same crew. We might not work on the same ship or even at sea, but we are all still family
Women in Maritime
Did you know that only 2 % of all people working within shipping are women? At the same time studies show that gender equal companies make more money, is better at keeping talent and show more innovation and creativity.