As a Backend Developer you will be working within a range from smaller development tasks to bigger within one of our fantastic product teams. We have a variety of products we are responsible for, from more traditional desktop applications written in .NET to more modern cloud-based solutions written in React framework, GraphQL and .NET CORE/C# running on AWS and openshift. You don’t need to know all of our tech stack but you need to have the willingness to learn!
You will be working with modernizing and changes within our “older” platforms, as well as working with the new modern cloud based platforms. We are working in devOps teams and the teams consists of Team lead, Product owner, UX, Test and developers.
We are supporting our Freight Business and customers in everything from planning, booking, check-in, payment, invoicing, customer support, statistics, providing Track and Trace information, customs integration, systems integration etc. The purpose of our job is to make it easier for our Freight customers to do their business and to support our business in the best way. To be able to do so we are always trying to make our Freight applications and products even better, based on input from end users and our Product Owners.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- You are up to do date with the technical trends and what is happening on the technical side that is relevant for the business area you are working within.
- You will work with both our traditional solutions as well as our more modern cloud solutions and integrating the applications with other systems within Stena Line.
- You work closely together with other developers specifically to make sure that we are using common architecture between our teams and sharing best practice.
- You will, together with the team, take responsibility for the operation of the services within Freight including monitoring when something goes wrong.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favorite places.
Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible and attractive employer and have now introduced a flexible workplace for our office employees. We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remote will create the best environment for us to be creative, productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
Who you are
Being curious and innovative is at the core of everything you do. We believe you are comfortable working in a cross-functional environment and you are a natural when it comes to collaboration as well as supporting people around you.
- You are an experienced backend developer. You have knowledge in the programming languages and frameworks we are using and with working within devOps teams, which involves CI/CD.
- You have experience in rewriting applications from more traditional client-desktop to cloud based solutions.
- Experience within serverless/dockerised environments in Azure or AWS.
- Experience in Agile development. Most teams today run scrum.
- Have worked with .Net core.
- Fluent in English.
Nice to have:
- Worked with Kubernetes or Openshift
- Worked with Buildkite or similar tools
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Gothenburg within our Group Freight department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than 11th of October, 2022. We are having an ongoing selection, so do not wait with your application. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service. We have collective bargaining agreements with Unionen, among others, who you can contact for more information.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Anna Kihlström, People & Technology Manager at email@example.com or about the recruitment process you are welcome to contact Anna Svedberg, Talent Acquisition Partner, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: September, 21, 2022
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: October, 11, 2022
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.