Property & Estates Development Manager
Do you want to be a part of developing Stena Line’s Ports and terminals? As Property & Estates Development Manager you will provide proactive evaluation and decision support for port development and property management. You will be a valuable resource by providing guidance, information, and data, along with ensuring compliance with local laws and regulations for all property estate-related matters within port development projects.
You will have the overall responsibility for all our ports and terminal's property development and real estate management, though the initial focus will be on our ports and terminals in the UK and Ireland.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- Oversee and seek opportunities for Land and Property Acquisitions.
- Negotiate Port Commercial Agreements, Leases, and Licenses (we lease areas of ports, buildings, and land within our estate today).
- Oversee Freeport Projects – including in this context identifying and driving connected commercial opportunities above and beyond shipping operations.
- Develop and establish Green Port Initiatives and seek funding opportunities for such initiatives.
- Oversee and manage the making of Harbour Empowerment Orders and Harbour Revision Orders (in liaison with the Harbor Authority function) and any other statutory requirements.
- In context of port developments, negotiate, coordinate and manage new, and variations to, Crown Estate Leases. Daily management and renewal of lease reside with the Harbor Authority (Cairnryan, Fishguard, and Stranraer).
- In context of port developments oversee and manage the application process for and drafting of Marine Licences and other consents, including Environmental Impact Assessments.
- Manage Property, Estates, and Building Maintenance.
- Liaise with the Stena insurance department regarding property and estate insurance including property valuations, insurance renewals, and claims.
- Manage the external property management companies, review the current property management arrangements and develop a strategy for future property management by using either external resources or develop internal resources or a combination of external and internal.
What you will experience
Stena Line exists to be a trusted link between people, places and societies. We play a vital role in keeping everything connected. We make sure people and goods arrive where they need to be, enabling business to thrive and societies to grow. We connect family and friends, and make it possible to explore new destinations or revisit favourite places.
You will be a part of our Ports & Terminals Management team and report to COO Ports and terminals. We are a friendly team who’s in an exciting phase of expansion and development and where your experience and expertise will be crucial going forward.
Stena Line wants to continue to be a safe, flexible and attractive employer and have introduced a flexible workplace for our office employees. We believe a hybrid solution between the office and working remote will create the best environment for us to be creative, productive and find a work-life balance creating magic today and tomorrow.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. We believe you have extensive experience in property and estate development and management.
You have an entrepreneurial approach where you can see new business opportunities and plan both short- and long-term. You have the ability to influence others internal as well as external and you thrive in negotiations.
- Relevant University degree (Property/Real Estate Management) or equivalent experience.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in working with legislation and regulations relating to ports and terminals.
- Long experience with property and real estate management.
- Fluent in English, both verbally and written.
This is a full-time, permanent position based in Birkenhead within our Ports & Terminals department. To apply, please register your profile and send in your CV in English as soon as possible but no later than August 10, 2022. Due to the summer holidays, we will review applications the week of August 15, you can expect to hear from us around then. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Carl-Johan Hellner at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As a leader in sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 5,100 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Published: July, 06, 2022
Category: Business management & revenue
Location: United Kingdom/Ireland, Birkenhead
Employment: Permanent employment
Last day of application: August, 10, 2022
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.