Can you ensure that our sustainability efforts support the long-term interests of our company?
As Head of Sustainability at Stena Line your mission will be to drive our vision ‘Connecting Europe for a Sustainable Future’; a person that can bring defined experience of accelerating an organisations sustainable journey both commercially with our customers, internally with our employees and from a brand perspective. The role will not only focus on environmental impact but also areas of ethics, corporate sustainability and compliance with reporting both in the EU and outside the EU.
We are looking for someone who can raise Stena Line’s profile as a leader in sustainable shipping. You will report directly to our CEO and within the position be expected to influence and work with business leaders whom hold responsibility for their respective sustainability roadmaps. You will be self-assured, act independently using the authority of your role and be able to work with limited supervision. In this role you will have a team of three direct reports.
Some of your key responsibilities:
- To lead, develop and execute sustainability strategy, policies and programs to reduce company’s environmental impact
- Help to drive the Big Picture forward to all our people, on all levels – interpret the reality of how the strategy is likely to be enacted
- Support Group Management in setting the company KPI’s and targets per focus area for the operational units
- Initiate and support sustainability initiatives that are prioritised according to company strategy, impact, cost/benefit and visibility
- Communicate sustainability targets, actions and achievements within the company and to report overall sustainability trends to management team
- Uphold a ISO14001 certification and ensure continuous development of the Sustainability Management System and our ratings in EcoVadis and Green Marine
- Ensure that policies, systems and processes support the targets and initiate improvement
- Increase transparency and visibility of Stena Line sustainability work both outside and inside the company
- Contribute to the brand strategy in the field of sustainability
- Maintain a full overview of legislation and funding opportunities relating to this discipline
What you will experience
At Stena Line, we believe everything is connected. By bringing people and goods together, we enable businesses and societies to grow. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers.
We are committed to maintaining and developing a sustainable working environment, free from harassment, that gives equal opportunities to everyone. We embrace equality, diversity and inclusion – and welcome all applicants.
Who you are
At Stena Line your personality matters as much as how good you are at what you do. First of all we are looking for someone who is passionate about business and sustainability. As a person you are detail-oriented, independent with a strategic mind set. As a leader we believe you can be trusted to make decisions, take action and deliver result. With a strong ability to impact individuals intellectually as well as emotionally you inspire and creates followership. You have the persona to connect with people and you take the time and energy to engage with people at all levels of the company in a personally-relevant way. You have a strong business acumen combined with high integrity and with your solid competence and experience in the area, we believe you can lead us on our sustainable journey ahead!
- Relevant University degree within engineering, economics, natural science, social science, or other relevant education and work experience
- At least 5 years of experience as a sustainability specialist, preferably in international companies, such as maritime, manufacturing, transportation, consulting or other similar industry
- Good knowledge of international sustainability-related standards
- Relevant leadership experience and are used to and have the willingness to organise tasks and lead projects
- Experience of and have been successful in managing sustainability reporting
- Work independently and target focused and have good collaboration skills with colleagues as well as internal and external stakeholders
- Fluent in English, written and spoken
This is a full-time, permanent position preferably based in Gothenburg Sweden within our Sustainability department reporting to our CEO. We are interested in receiving applications from across Europe and the UK. To apply, please register your profile and send in your application in English as soon as possible but no later than 31 January, 2021. Please note that due to GDPR we do not accept applications via e-mail or postal service.
If you have any questions regarding the position you are welcome to contact Stina Hallberg, Talent & Employer Brand Lead, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we kindly decline any offers from recruitment or staffing agencies regarding this recruitment.
About Stena Line
As the leader of sustainable shipping, Stena Line has Europe’s most comprehensive route network focusing on transportation of both passengers and freight. We have over 4300 employees in our Stena Line family across Scandinavia, around the UK and the Baltics, making a contribution to our company. As a company, we are on an exciting journey driven by technology and new digital habits, developing our business to create outcomes that matter to our customers. The journey starts with us.
Published: December, 30, 2021
Category: Organisation and Management
Location: Sweden, Gothenburg
Last day of application: January, 31, 2022
Stena Line uses ReachMee to receive applications for vacancies. You will leave stenaline.com and go to reachmee.com.